I’m a SpongeBob SquarePants fanatic…

SpongeBob SquarePants don’t get my attention the first time I saw it on t.v. ‘coz I don’t like the characters appearance. I mean I don’t like the way it has been illustrated. I usually enjoy and go for anime which is almost perfect in terms of graphics and illustrations of each character. But my cousins really love that program. The ending is, they influenced me and so I got hooked up.

At first, Patrick is my favorite character, because he is “pink” literally colored pink. But as I watch the cartoons I’m starting to enjoy how SpongeBob portrays funny and wackiest character I ever saw in cartoons. I never stop laughing when watching him and Patrick crack their lines.

One day at the office the topic about SpongeBob was brought up during our lunch break. A colleague of mine told us, “I don’t allow my kids to watch SpongeBob , ‘coz they might become idiot and lazy.” ("Kabobohan lang matutuhan nila dun"), she said. I can’t blame her ‘coz most of the episodes depict oddity. But in fairness to the program there’s a lesson to be learned at the end and I wanted to commend them for that. SpongeBob and other characters realize the mistakes they commit and always try their best to correct it. That is important in every program aired in t.v. target kids as audience.

I want to encourage parents to spare some time in accompanying their children when watching t.v. So they can teach them the good things to be picked up and bad things not to follow ‘coz in that way the children will understand what is going on and what is the moral lesson of the episodes.

2 comments: